Dubai's premium flower delivery service, Glamour Rose, stands with the UAE in marking Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women in the UAE.
In 2020, over 1000 women were diagnosed. Early diagnosis can increase survival chances by a significant 93%. Join these efforts to raise awareness and promote early detection:
Key Events for Pink October across the UAE:
1. The Pink Caravan: Over 90 events nationwide, including free mammograms and wellness programs. UAE female residents above 40, fitting certain criteria, will be offered free screenings. Women aged 20 and above can access walk-in clinical breast examinations.
The Pink Caravan’s mobile clinic schedules and events are as follows:
- October 7: Festival Plaza, Dubai, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Kite Beach from 4-10 p.m.
- October 8: Mirdif City Center, Dubai, 4-10 p.m.
- October 10: Al Sharee Women & Kids Park -B, Abu Dhabi, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- October 13: Majaz Waterfront, Sharjah, 4-10 p.m.
- October 15: Brands For Less Shopping Center, Motor City, Dubai from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- October 19: Shangri La Hotel, Dubai from 4-6 p.m.
- October 27: Global Village, Dubai from 5-10 p.m.
- October 28: Al Habtoor Polo Club, Dubai from 2-6 p.m., and Global Village from 5-10 p.m.
- October 30: City Walk, Dubai from 4-10 p.m.
2. IGNITE Pink is Punk: Partnering with the Al Jalila Foundation, IGNITE aims to fundraise for ‘Pink is Punk’. The event features:
- Swim Run on 14th October.
- Pink Moonlight Yoga on 16th October.
- Pink Paddle on 21st October at Palm Jumeirah
3. Umm Al Emarat Park: The Abu Dhabi park will gleam in pink throughout October. Planned events include a blood donation drive, a Breast Cancer Awareness booth with free mammogram checkups, stories from survivors, and a Pink October Walkathon.
4. Liht Organics: The renowned organic makeup brand aims to raise awareness about harmful chemicals in makeup. The brand will organise masterclasses in October. Partnering with Zulekha Hospital, Liht will also provide free breast cancer screenings and consultations. Masterclasses are scheduled for October 7, 13, and 27.
Breast cancer is a journey no one should walk alone. Express your support and care by gifting a bouquet of pink roses to someone battling this disease.
But there's more we can do:
- Be There to Listen: Often, a listening ear can make all the difference. Allow them to express their feelings without judgment.
- Offer Practical Help: Assist with daily tasks such as grocery shopping, cooking, or driving them to their medical appointments.
- Stay Informed: Understand their treatment process and side effects. This knowledge can help you offer better support and avoid insensitive comments.
- Participate in Fundraisers: Join or organize fundraisers to help cover medical expenses and promote breast cancer research.
- Join Support Groups: Accompany them to support group meetings, providing emotional backup.
- Stay Positive: While it's essential to acknowledge the challenges, maintaining a positive attitude can help lift their spirits.
- Educate and Advocate: Spread awareness about breast cancer, early detection, and the importance of regular check-ups.
By taking these steps, you can make a tangible difference in the lives of those battling breast cancer.
Glamour Rose: Delivering love and hope, one bouquet at a time.